What is Laser Treatment?
Laser and light treatments delivers long-lasting results for several aesthetic concerns on most areas of the body. The type of laser or light treatment that is best for you is based upon your cosmetic needs or concerns, your skin type, desired level of improvement, and the area to be treated. These non-surgical procedures work by gently heating the skin’s surface, providing sufficient heat to reach and target desired areas (for example, targeting hair follicles during laser hair removal, or superficial skin heating to address sun spots on the face or arms). Cooling mechanisms during treatment protect the skin’s surface and keep patients comfortable. We perform all treatments in our office in 30 minutes or less, depending on the target area and treatment type. Most procedures may be combined and done at the same time for enhanced results and are complemented by our spa services and skin care lines. Patients can resume normal activities and routines without interruption.
Laser and light therapies commonly treat:
- Sun and age spots
- Facial veins & vascularities
- Skin tightening
- Pore reduction
More than one treatment may be required to achieve your desired level of improvement. Generally, a series of 3 or more treatments is recommended for most procedures to assure best outcomes. Upon consultation, our aesthetics staff can discuss your concerns and develop a treatment plan designed to meet your individual needs.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
These anti-aging therapies can help you turn back the hands of time! The heat energy from laser and light therapies penetrates far more deeply than traditional skin care products, most chemical peels and microdermabrasion by reducing the signs of aging from the inside out. The laser’s heating effect stimulates collagen contraction and production within the epidermis to smooth, plump and firm aging skin. The appearance of facial wrinkles diminishes, and skin tone and texture improves for skin that appears clear, radiant and refreshed.
We offer the following treatments for skin rejuvenation, skin tightening and lightening of sun/age spots and sun damaged skin:
- Titan Skin Tightening- Non- invasive laser therapy deeply stimulates collagen and firms areas such as the neck and jowls. Some immediate tightening may be noticed as a result of deep dermal heating, with incremental improvement in the following months.
- Laser Genesis– Non-invasive treatment reduces fine lines and wrinkles, lightens scars, tightens pores and smooths texture leaving skin with an immediate glow.
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatment (IPL)- Non- invasive light therapy used to improve rosacea, lighten brown spots and other forms of sun damage, including melasma, a darkening of the skin that occurs primarily on the face. IPL treatment also brightens and smooths skin for a refreshed look. May be used for spider veins and facial vascularities and hair removal on lighter skin types (skin types I-III).
Laser Hair Removal
Tired of shaving or plucking? We can help you achieve permanent hair reduction and eliminate the need for other methods of hair removal. Non-invasive laser and light systems are safe and effective anywhere that hair grows on the body and can be used to treat all skin types. Laser hair removal targets pigment within the hair follicles and has best access to follicles when hair is in its growth phase. As not all hairs in a given area are in a growth phase at the same time, a series of treatments at 6-8 weeks intervals is recommended to achieve best outcomes for permanent hair reduction.
Laser Vein Treatment
Laser light can also be used to treat spider veins on the leg, facial telangiectasia (spider veins), and other vascular abnormalities such as hemangiomas, venous lakes, and cherry angiomas on the face, neck, arms, abdomen, legs and ankles. The application of heat energy to the skin’s surface causes photocoagulation in cosmetically problematic vascularities. As the targeted blood coagulates in the treated areas, pigment will diminish and resolve quickly within 1-3 weeks.
Laser vein treatment is also available for varicose vein treatment and leg veins commonly associated with leg discomfort, fatigue, leg swelling and restless legs. For more information on varicose vein treatment with laser (EVLT), click here.
LED Light Therapy
LED treatment uses the application of light emitting diodes to trigger a therapeutic effect in patients looking to improve their skin health and appearance. We offer two types of LED therapy:
- BLUE LED: Helps kill acne bacteria. Beneficial for oily/acne-prone skin.
- RED LED: For skin rejuvenation. Aids in stimulating collagen, pore-tightening, reducing redness and inflammation, wound healing, lessening of fine lines, and lightening hyperpigmentation.
We encourage you to meet with our laser-certified Master Aesthetician and learn more about your skin health and treatment options. Contact us to schedule your consultation or inquire about any of our laser and light treatments, skin care lines and spa services.